Can Mold Growth in Home Affect Your Health?

Activities you carry out at home can cause indoor dampness and mold growth, whether in a cold, warm, damp winter, or a humid summer. Mold can seriously harm the aesthetics and cause structural damage as well as your personal belongings. In addition, it can transform priceless items into dingy relics that appear to belong in the trash.

Mold has the potential to endanger your health. Also damaging indoor air quality, indoor mold growth can also put residents’ health at risk. Most frequently, mold develops on surfaces like wood, in ceiling and floor voids, and behind walls before it is ever noticed.

Mold creates irritants, allergies, and occasionally even potentially poisonous chemicals. You may experience allergic reactions after touching or inhaling toxic mold spores if you’re sensitive.

Possible Health Problems That Mold Growth In Your Home Can Cause

Mold exposure can result in symptoms such as allergies, asthma attacks, aspergillosis, pneumonitis, and difficulty breathing. In addition, your sensitivity can rise and lead to more severe allergic reactions if you are repeatedly exposed to mold items or mold in your home.

The following are some potential health effects that mold growth in homes may result in:


There is an increased risk you will react if you are allergic or sensitive to mold-related particles. Mold allergies can exhibit symptoms that are similar to other allergens, such as hay fever or seasonal allergies. Airborne pollutants can also harm the upper respiratory system in these.

The following common symptoms can result from prolonged exposure to mold:

  • Runny nose
  • Itchy nose and throat
  • Sneezing
  • Watery eyes
  • Regular headaches
  • Skin irritation
  • Memory loss

Those with asthma or mold allergies have the greatest risk of an asthma attack when mold is in the environment. Dust mites, which in some people can cause an allergic reaction, can multiply if there is more dust in the air.

If you are unsure whether mold is present in your home, call for a mold inspection to determine whether mold removal is necessary.


Not all mold can harm your health, but some varieties, like Aspergillus, can. Most people are not sickened by inhaling the spores of this fungus. However, persons with weakened immune systems or lung conditions may experience a severe reaction.

Aspergillosis comes in a variety of forms, including:

  • Allergic Bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis: This has an impact on the lungs and may make breathing challenging.
  • Allergic sinusitis: This can cause severe headaches in addition to affecting the nose.

Mold frequently grows in cramped, small areas that are susceptible to moisture. You can find mold growth in attics and crawl spaces in your home.

Breathing Difficulties

As it develops, mold can spew spores, cells, and flammable chemical compounds into the air. They are capable of producing mycotoxins, allergies, and irritants. Some of these can be harmful, particularly to people who are sensitive to them.


Hypersensitive pneumonitis is a dangerous reaction that can occur after exposure to a lot of mold. Instead of exposure to mold in your home, this exposure is typically caused by occupational or workplace dangers.

Benefits of Professional Mold Removal and Remediation Services

Better Health

Whether or not you are allergic to mold, prolonged exposure is likely to cause you to experience severe symptoms. For example, you can have a skin rash, runny nose, nasal congestion, or sneezing. As a result, it is vital to address mold issues as soon as they arise for better health.

Mold removal can help your home’s indoor air quality and lower health risks. However, avoid removing mold on your own since you can end up dispersing thousands of toxic mold spores into the air, increasing your chance of eating them and experiencing health issues. To get the mold removed, hire a professional.

Reduces the Spread

With the proper treatment, you can be confident that the mold won’t spread to other home areas. For instance, specialists will first neutralize the spores in the basement before going on to the HVAC. Then, the fungus or bacteria must be removed at their source to remediate a mold issue.

Saves Costs

Professional cleanup can be quite expensive. But if you think about it, ignoring the mold issues would only cause a more severe problem that will cost thousands of dollars to fix.

Building materials can become ruined by mold, and rotting will start if the problem is ignored. However, quickly addressing a mold issue will prevent it from worsening and causing severe structural damage, saving money.

Increases Your Home’s Value

When your property is mold-free, it will fetch a high market price if you wish to rent or sell it. Before buying a home, customers almost universally want a mold inspection. In that aspect, it will discourage potential buyers if it is spore-infested. The best strategy is to get professionals to remove the mold so that you may rent or sell the house for a good profit.

Eliminate Musty Odors

Mold causes unpleasant odors to hit you when you enter your house or place of work. Fortunately, mold removal will enable you to forget about the smells. Your house or residential will always smell clean and fresh if you do it this way. You won’t notice musty odors coming from within your home any longer.

Why Choose Our Mold Remediation Services In Myrtle Beach, SC

To ensure the safety of your home and surroundings, Duraclean is ready to provide mold remediation services. We know the damage and health problems that mold can cause in your home. Eliminating mold enhances your health and lowers your risk of allergies.

Duraclean, based in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, uses the most up-to-date equipment to ensure that we give our customers the best service possible. Since 1930, Duraclean has been serving the needs of customers with excellence.

Do not hesitate to contact us for professional services if you require mold treatments.